Zoom offers simple online meetings and conference room availability in one easy-to-use platform. It has the best video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems. Founded in 2011, Zoom's mission is to develop a people-centric service that improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever.
Here is an amusing look at the problems sometimes encountered with video conferencing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOOG7rWTPg
Join Our Internet Peripheral Neuropathy Group on Zoom.us And Never Leave Your Home!
We Have People From All Over The Country Joining Us The Second Monday Of Each Month At 7 PM Eastern Time, 6 PM Central / 5 PM Mountain / 4 PM Pacific. To join...
1) You will need a desktop or laptop computer with a camera to participate. Tablets also work, but not quite as well. Smart phones can be used but are not recommended.
2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Invitations List.
3) Download https://zoom.us/* to the device you will be using. You will receive an email just before the meeting with a link that will take you into the online Zoom meeting.
4) Once you have downloaded Zoom, you will find a Zoom icon on your home screen. You can join our meetings by invitation (see item 3 above) or by clicking on the icon and then "Join a meeting." You will need a number to use this method of joining meetings and the number is always: 3364551075.
*There is a free version of Zoom which is all you will need unless you plan to have your own Zoom meetings (the free version gives you 45-minutes). A $14.99/month version with upgrades is also available, but, remember, ALL YOU NEED IS THE FREE VERSION TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY MEETINGS!
Our thanks to Ben for passing along this tip using an Apple laptop:
"Apple Support solved the problem. There was a tiny little box that I needed to check next to "zoom.us" in my privacy settings to let Zoom.us have access to my camera and microphone.
• ZOOM Meetings provide two (2) options for setting your screen view – gallery view or speaker view. Gallery view will show multiple video feeds at one time on one screen.
Speaker’s view will only stream the video feed from the individual speaking.
• To change your view settings while on your smartphone/tablet, simply swipe left to change your view set up. You will only be able to see a maximum of four (4) video feeds on the screen at one time.
Swipe left again, to see more connections.
If you have a troubleshooting tip for us regarding Zoom, please pass it along to: